Monday, January 28, 2008

fashion rehab

For awhile, it was all about the fashion and how to get it – how to afford it never crossed my mind. The next thing after a big hit was what my next big hit was going to be. Of course, the obsessive need for glamour and fancy duds also came with its slew of bills. With no disposable income at my disposal, I carried a wallet stuffed with receipts but no cash. What was once glee and inspiration turned into feelings of bitterness and regret. Afterall, what was I to do with a closet full of designer shoes? I needed a savings account. Depressing? Yes. Pathetic? Very.

I had to turn my head away from temptation and had to feign excitement when my friends made new purchases and I was still wearing clothes from seasons past and my over-worn Balenciaga motorcycle purse, which was looking a tad homely – but just go with it when I call it vintage, ok? I was in need of serious rehab. Thankfully, I found comfort in boys and booze, both my anti-drugs. I learned how to be creative with my options. I learned to take a closet full of old and turn it into something new every day by just mixing and matching, staying simple, and accessorizing. I window shopped at Beverley Hills and flipped through pages of fashion mags, only to make my way to F21 in search of the perfect knockoff. Bless you F21.

Month’s later, recovery is imminent. It’s been a long and hard struggle but thank you all for the support.

Look forward to writing, sharing, being and growing fashionably healthy with you all.

Yours truly,

styleminded

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Da Fashionista said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kinda reminds me of carrie from SATC when she was gonna get evicted and aiden asked if she had a savings acct.
:( this part of growing up is uber lame
I feel ya! :)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com