Tuesday, January 29, 2008

fashion fitclub

What added to my depression is that I would eat atrocious amounts of food - and not just the occasional fast food either. Every night, my dinner of choice was either McDonalds, Burger King, or Jack in the Box - even the healthiest of fast food aka In & Out wasn't in the mix. The guilt didn't kick in until a month later when I couldn't fit into my jeans. I was utterly sickened! I really couldn't attribute my weight gain to turning quarter-century, or that my body was gearing up for child-birth. The brutal reality? I'm just not healthy. Period.

Anywho, everyone has resolutions to get fit in 2008 but along with my newfound perspective on fashion and spending, I also have a new perspective on loving the ME underneath my clothes.

Fabulous clothes can do a fabulous job of covering up but I'm motivated to work from the inside, out moving into the new year.

First, I started with vitamins. For those who eat like shit (present company included), you need to supplement your diet with vitamins. Made a trip to GNC, picked up a multi-vitamin, and voila, I rid myself of the daily lethargy (can really put a damper on things). Not to say, you should turn to poppin pills to solve everything. It just works as a supplement to a GOOD diet.

Second, I got into something my co-worker tells me is "active sitting." Sitting on a stability ball 8 hours a day can do wonders on your abs. If you sit in front of a computer all day like I do, then I highly recommend you get one. Great for your posture too.

Third, I buckled down and joined the gym. I am now a proud member of 24 Hour Fitness. Except, the one on Wilshire closest to my house kind of sucks. I'll make it a point to hit up the Pasadena one after work. Yippee.

Finally, I am bent on sticking to this plan. I don't want to be the one a few years down the line trying to work backwards. I want to be in a constant state of good health, positive thinking, and just loving the skin that i'm in!

Cheers to that,

styleminded

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Da Fashionista said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fashion fitclub? sounds more like fashion fatclub to me. hit the treadmill twice as often as you had intended, and for twice as long. thanks.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im on the same boat as you!! please update us on how your workout is going!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Da Fashionista said...

i've tagged you!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com