Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hidden Treasures

in efforts to save for the big move, i'm striving to be more conscientious about spending money. part of this initiative includes (*sniffle) cutting back on buying clothes...or maybe just finding great bargains. I think i like the latter better. when I was out visiting my soon to be home, my cousin took me to Vanity boutique in sherman oaks where they were having a closeted 70% off sale. I took home with me that day the rachel pally blousy top in cherry (hint* color looks so good with a tan), a white pencil skirt by "In the Now", a baby T with ruffled cap sleeves by "Made", and a silk cami by "Geren Ford" for an absolute steal.





This is Rachel's cherry colored fabric on the tie neck blousy halter.




i thought the best part of my transaction was when they hand-wrote the items I purchased on my receipt. did you ever think of a day where we could just be that simple? I'd love to run a boutique of my own some day. honestly, i would much prefer to stock smalltown/independent designers over the hautey labels. but that's another discussion for another day. paving the way slowly but surely.

don't get me wrong. i still love your typical high-end department store i.e, neiman marcus, barneys, saks fifth but you can't help rooting for the underdogs sometimes. plus, you never know when you'll be able to find that hidden treasure. My favorite bracelet is from Mint Julep in good ole brookline, MA, a smalltown boutique co-run by a BU grad (my alma mater). I don't even know who makes it but doesn't matter - I wear it every day. It's fashion that's close to home. that's my hidden treasure. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:09 AM  
Blogger aimee said...

rachel pally's great

good insight into top! i like to write about her too

x

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com