Thursday, September 07, 2006

Project Runway: The Couture Challenge

Last night's episode was a bit disappointing. I didn't feel any of the gowns were up to par, though I understand that you cannot create a perfectly executed couture dress in under 2 days. I can forgive the messiness in the sewing and hemming but the design elements just weren't there. Jeffrey won again but really, what was he thinking when he chose that hideous fabric? I personally didn't hate Kayne's dress as passionately as the judges did. I thought the bodice was beautiful and I marveled at the elegance of the skirt traveling down the runway but I will agree that there was just too much going on. Everyone loved Uli's dress but to me, it looked like my high school prom dress albeit kudos on the intricacy of the handwork. I am still rooting for Michael. He understands and can articulate fashion, style, and design. His vision was just lost in the ruching this time around. He has what it takes and I will be his tried and true fan until the end.

Finally, bye bye Vincent. I'm sorry you quit your job and cashed in your 401K to join the show but I can't say I'm sad to see you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com