Saturday, August 26, 2006

Chunky Heels

Making a comeback? There was a time when I swore off chunky heels and pledged my allegience to strictly skinny support. I will admit, I'm not completely opposed to thick, square heels. I can see it being cute with cropped pants, topped with a chunky wrap sweater or shorter shorts with a victorian blouse. There needs to be balance to make it work. If you're going to wear big shoes, you need a bigger top or wider bottoms to maintain outfit equilibrium. You wouldn't want your feet getting all the attention and this is coming from a girl who owns a closet full of shoes. [Left: Michael Kors Mary Janes, "Getaway"]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing you did - on top of it, I couldn't understand why anyone would wear chunky heels when the skinny ones came in...but then you see it and it grows on you. I think that it definitely has to be proportionate in heel, toe, etc..

7:34 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaStyle said...

Yeah, I'm not sure about these shoes yet, although I do like the Christian Louboutin platforms!

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. If you see it enough and everyone starts wearing it, you would too. At one point,I thought uggs were ugly! Now I cant live without them.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com