Friday, November 17, 2006

Winter Beauty

In LA, winter is really not winter. The sun is always shining and the sky never ceases to be blue. I do, however, have compassion for those of you in cold weather climates. I'm an east coast native and have endured years of brutal winters...so, I deserve some rights to boast. =) Anyhow, at the first sign of brisk weather, it is important to take extra precautions to maintain a moisturized and healthly complexion. That, I remember and that, I feel is important to touch upon. Afterall, the clothes on your body can only do so much - no matter how fashionable you look. Here's my daily regimin --- what's yours?

Long hours at work and lack of sleep has forced me to invest in expensive nightcream. I currently use Creme de la Mer. Starting at $110 a jar, it is pricey but really does the job of hydrating your skin. Apply at night daily, and your skin will be noticeably softer.

Before La Mer, I smooth a thin layer of Trish McEvoy's Vitamin C Cream on my face to keep an even and radiant skin tone. It's very light but yet works so powerfully.Under the eyes, I dabb Kiehl's Abyssine Eye Cream. Use ring fingers for the most gentle application . The skin around your eyes is the most vulnerable to wrinkles! Start under eye treatment as early as possible and you'll love yourself for it when you're 50.
My day lotion is Oil of Olay's Complete Defense formula with 30 SPF. It's a great product and at an affordable price. West coasters don't have to worry too much about dry , cracked skin but we do worry about sun exposure and how serious rays and cause serious wrinkles . Word to the wise, SPF.
To sidetrack a bit, my roommate has been ranting and raving about the Kiehl's Simply Mahvelous Shave Cream and I have to admit, this stuff really makes your legs luxuriously silky and smooth. And I mean, baby soft!

Lesson learned? Be good to your skin and your skin will be good to you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com