Friday, July 21, 2006

The Hunt

Job hunting. So it begins. It’s a Friday night and I’m on craigslist and every other job search engine you can name applying for positions. Oh, the joy. The bright side is that the national weather service has issued an alert – “Severe thunderstorm warnings for much of the state. Winds may exceed 60 miles an hour and nickel-sized hail may fall in some areas.” Now, that’s what I’d classify as the ultimate motivation.

But moving on to something more interesting. As my target is to move by, or in September – with or without a job, it got me thinking about the fall.

what's in store for next season? Right now, I’m seeing a lot of long sweaters and shirts (finally, something that works with my torso) - victorian inspired, ruffles, lace, and mocked neck tops – loose, flowy, and oversized shirts, - a lot more black on hangers – crochet – skinny jeans piled up in denim – big totes – and ballet flats.

To complete the head-to-toe, I need to search for the perfect head accessory. Quite frankly, I’m getting bored of my pucci scarf. I'm a basics girl. I tend to wear alot of solid color t-shirts and tanks so I depend on accessories to jazz up my outfits.I have a few possible options so far. I happened to come across this headband by Cara Couture ($48). I'm going to swing by Intermix this weekend to give it a try.



For some reason, I like the black leather one LC from The Hills sports on every episode. More on the conservative side though and I can't dig up who it's made by. Next, I was thinking a cynthia rowley wide plastic headband in black for $15. If all else fails,I can't go wrong with the $3 - $5 selection of headbands from forever.21 (www.forever21.com).... but in the meantime, still going to continue the hunt...for a headband but even more, if not most importantly, a job. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily.... zzzzz lol now u gotta go to gypsy wit me haha

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love headband look. I'm glad it's coming back in.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com