Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Favorite Things: bareMinerals by Bare Escentuals

My cousin is going to go nuts when she sees this post because she's been ranting and raving about this product for ages so, thank you Maureen. =)

My current favorite thing is the
bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation.

about bareMinerals:

"Imagine a makeup so pure you can sleep in it. Really. Fall fast asleep in front of the television, and never worry about a blemish come morning. Sound too good to be true? Well, it's not. Bare Escentuals 100 percent pure mineral makeup, i.d. bareMinerals, is a groundbreaking line of feather-light powders for the eyes, cheeks, and face, which are free of everything. In fact, the makeup is so pure, it's actually good for your complexion. Between i.d. bareMinerals and the brand's complete line of color cosmetics, Bare Escentuals has earned its reputation as a makeup pioneer - and its mile long list of fans have the flawless complexions to prove it"

It's claim to fame is that it prevents break outs, smooths your complexion, and helps to reduce signs of aging. It's mineral based, so it's also good for your skin, making it look, feel, and be both healthy and radiant. For $60 at Sephora you can buy the starter kit, which comes with:
  • Two Shades of bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation
  • bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper
  • Mineral Veil
  • Warmth All Over Face Color
  • Flawless Application Brush
  • Full Coverage Kabuki Brush
  • Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush

I rarely use foundation but since my skin has been fighting with me recently and I needed cover-up desperately, I decided to try the kit I purchased for my mom for mother's day (which sat on her bureau unopened until last weekend, can you believe it?). I've been happily using the foundation for a week and have noticed marked improvements. It goes on sheer and silky for a look that's very au naturel and best of all, you still get full coverage.

So, I am making a special trip to Sephora tomorrow to get me some bareMinerals, along with my friend who is purchasing 3 starter kits. Yes, word does spread quickly.


also FYI: The bareMinerals foundation ($25) and the bareMinerals mineral veil ($19) both won Best of Sephora for 2006.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...sounds like it's a MUST TRY. Do you really believe that you can sleep it in?

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember reading your post about j brand skinnies. im thinking about getting a pair.. do they run true to size? im a size 26 in sevens.

3:53 PM  
Blogger styleminded said...

Anon - The jbrands fit snug in the beginning but they have alot of give to them and become loose after a few wears. I'd say get your true size or a size down even though it may fit tight at first. Let me know what you think if you get them!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com