Saturday, February 24, 2007

Boutique Hopping

And how about another digest of the coming soon...

Since I've been here, I've done my fair share of shopping. It's tough though because back home I normally shop in pairs. So naturally - sans my friend's honest opinions - I don't really jump on the opportunity to shop in my spare time (though, admittedly, it's easier on the pockets). Not to mention, the internet has made it easier to "window shop" but sitting in your pjs at home. I know I surf Shopbop , Revolve Clothing , Saks.com, etc. on a nightly basis.

But with Veronica in town, I was obliged to bring her around but thankfully so. First, we hit up Melrose and did the Fred Segal thing and walked across the street to Madison. Madison, by far, is one of my most favorite boutiques. I love their selection of clothes and there's such an eclectic mix of the basics, the trendy, and the dressier pieces with designers like Hip Adventures, Mason, Society for Retired Dress, Young, Fabulous, and Broke, Daftbird, T-bags, and Alvin Valley . They happened to be having sale on Saturday and I picked up a cute summer dress by Tart for $72, regular price $188. There's less of a "Robertson attitude" like when you're at Kitson or Lisa Kline (although, Lisa Kline has some fabulous stuff).

Afterwards, we made our way to W 3rd street, where we visited Satine. Satine wasn't what I expected since I was so used to browsing their online store. The collection is definitely on the higher end of the price scale and the store, small -- but clothing speaks for itself - very chic and elegant pieces decorating hangers. Everything was very well put together and easy to peruse. As a shopper, I hate sifting through racks that are jam packed with clothes. One inch between hangers is a good rule of thumb. Can you tell I've worked retail before?


Next, we stepped into Milk. Now, Milk was having an insane storewide sale where everything was marked down beginning at 50% to 90% off. I so desperately wanted to buy the McQ sweater/shirt that Jessica Simpson sported but couldn't find one in my size. I was also eyeing an adorable navy blue short-sleeved sweater dress by Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent but again, no size. Despite my attempts and subsequent failures at finding my size, it seemed other people were having sublime luck. Amongst the other labels were Johnson, Karoo, and Manoush.

Our last stop was Scout. It was refreshing to see two male salespersons running the store but perhaps that's the reason for its name. By this time, both Veronica and I were running on fumes but I definitely liked the vibe of the store. The atmosphere was much different than the others - almost cold & futuristic, the coloring inside mostly grays and blacks - but not in a bad way. Some labels I remember seeing were Society for Rational Dress and Mike & Chris and I hope I'm correct in saying that Scout has their own line too - with some cute tops I might add. In the end, I left with a good impression. It didn't hurt either that the saleperson (handsome and charming) complimented my outfit. ;)

Well, if you haven't been, I would encourage you to make an attempt to visit either Madison, Milk, Satine, or Scout - especially soon so you don't miss out on the sales!

Madison Melrose
8115 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
323.651.3662

Madison Robertson
113 South Robertson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310.275.1930

Satine
8117 West Third St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Scout
7920 W Third Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048
323-658-8684

Milk
8209 W 3rd St.
West Hollywood, CA 90036
(323) 951-0330

Scout

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com