Sunday, February 11, 2007

Studio Nail Spa

It was hard enough finding the right hair stylist, aesthetician, nail salon, etc in Boston. So, as you can imagine, I dreaded the arduous process of finding the aforementioned in a city such as LA, which is 10 times the size. Citysearch and LA.com can only do so much. It's trial and error and word of mouth that help to reveal the secrets.

Personally, I can pass on the posh salons that charge ridiculous prices for novelties such as bottled water or champagne while you wait for an eyebrow wax. Nice but... I hate feeling like I have to dress up and put a face on before going to a salon. It's an oximoron to me. I don't mind doing the Beverly Hills every so often with a girlfriend but the occasion would have to call for it.

I try to get my nails done about twice a month and I drove up and down Ventura blvd for awhile trying to find that salon. I came across Studio Nail Spa. Clean is important and this place looked clean and fairly busy so I decided to give it a shot. It was a very good first impression. Three months and 6 visits later and I still have no regrets!

My favorite is the hand and foot massage. Susan, the nail technician I see, is so attentive and she spends at least 10 minutes massaging your hands and feet. Your hands get the hot lotion treatment, which is absolutely divine.

I've been to a few nail salons since - not by choice - but because of time constraints and none have surpassed Studio Nail Spa.

The Salon itself isn't particularly fancy but it's equipped with everything necessary. The spa chairs are fairly new and operate well. I want to say there are about 8 or 9 of them so you never really have to wait long if you're doing both the hands and feet, although I do recommend making an appointment anyways because really - who likes to wait at all.

Studio Nail Spa
Mon-Sat, 9:30 am - 7:00 pm
Sun, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
12151 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604

Call to make an appt: 818-769-2689
Ample parking behind.

Celeb Sighting:
I was in getting my nails done this weekend and to my surprise, I see Ashlee Simpson and her entourage getting their nails all colored up - most likely getting glammed for a pre-grammys party!

Ashlee's Outfit:
Of course I had to steal a glance at her outfit. She was wearing a blue headband and grey v-neck sweater. I need a bag and jean ID but maybe you guys can help to fill in the blanks.

The bag was a beautiful brown tote, short handles, large and shaped like the YSL muse. It was textured, almost like a Kroell.

Her jeans were a dark blue skinny. The defining characteristic? The yellow V's/zig-zags emblazoned to the back pockets. They weren't Seven jeans though. Hmm...

Any Ideas?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that your sense of style is much more refined than Aslee Simpson's. But I understand your critique.

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's the trend in nails these days?? although i went out of the way to get the black satin, i never polished my fingernails with it- thought it was too "goth"- but it looked great on my toes.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com