Monday, August 07, 2006

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil

"Infused with green tea and antioxidants" was the line that sold me. Typically, i'm not really one for beauty products. I like what I like and stick to it but after three years of using the same cleansing milk, I felt it was time to turn a new leaf. I stumbled into Shu Uemura by chance, actually. The lovely Ms. Veronica had a lovely male friend who just happened to be a sales person for the Japanese skincare line.

The cleanser is an oil (akin to baby oil) but emulsifies with water and promises to remove all make up (even the waterproof kind). This immediately peaked my interest because to take my mask off is a 2 step process 1) makeup remover 2) cleanser - and this can be rather cumbersome, especially after a night of martinis. After a demonstration on my hands, Tavi proceeded to dish all of the other benefits (while batting his beautiful eyelashes) ...."it's infused with green tea and antioxidants, perfect for anti-aging and for those who like to bathe in the sun....smell your hands, doesn't it smell refreshing?..."

I was sold.

So far, the product delivers but my face can be finicky at times so I will just have to wait and see if it's good enough to use for another 3 years.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always interested to try new products. You'll have to keep us updated.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you like his eye lash curler??

i think it works just as well as my cvs bought max factor!

6:12 PM  
Blogger styleminded said...

really? I have the eyelash curler and it works well for me! supposedly, it's good for asian eyes (and I'm asian). =)
I've heard good things about some of the brands like max factor...i say go with whatever works!

6:35 PM  
Blogger blank said...

my skin feels SO nice. I need to ask Tavi for more samples!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com