Friday, July 28, 2006

Black

It used to be that black was gothic or black was for somber occasions. Today, it's almost a preference to wear black to weddings. You can even wear it in the summer without fear of appearing depressing. In fact, black is "in". The reasons are obvious.

Black is:

1. Slimming
2. Sophisticated
3. Classy
4. Sexy
5. Classic
6. Slimming

Oh, and did I mention slimming?

Nicole in a few fabulous black numbers (Prada on the left):


Everyone needs a simple black dress. It 's a fundamental for your closet. You can find this style (left) from DVF, Theory, and other designers. Appropriate for work. Casual enough to wear during the day and fancy enough for a nice dinner.

Black denim is an example of how fashion repeats itself. When I told my friends about how I purchased a pair of black jeans, 95% of the responses were, "ugh, black jeans?" I won them over once they were able to see the magic of just a simple color. Black really helps to elongate your legs and also allows for a more slender look.

A long black cami is perfect for days when you don't feel like rummaging through your closet to find something to wear. For some reason, I always feel sexy in a cami and I always pair it with an accesory or funky shoes so I can still feel stylish and not too plain. It's an easy color to play up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com