Monday, August 25, 2008

Revolve Clothing Grand Opening Party


Revolve Clothing opened their first store on Melrose Avenue on August 21st. Read here for the scoop from the LA Times.

Fashion Friend calls to invite me to a sneak preview. He thinks that the open bar will entice me. Little does he know he sold me when he first spoke the words party and clothes in the same sentence. Although admittedly, I was very happy after 4 Melrose Lime-light cocktails (Absolut Acai/Pomegranate/Blueberry with Sprite and a splash of pineapple juice). Yum-my.


The store is a closet full of sophistication with pricetags ranging from a t-shirt at $59 to a leather jacket at $1500. And if you're a local, you can spy and order clothes online, then try them on at the store the next day. I could probably get used to that.

Back to the party, there were many-a-fashion-goer with an eye-catching heel. In the spirit of being incognito, I refrained from taking pictures. However, as I am somewhat of a paparazzi by LA upbringing, I do regret not snapping pix of all the wonderful shoes trapsing around the store that night.

The LBD was a popular wardrobe choice of the night. As much as I love color, black never seems to fail because of its reputation to be sexy, smart, and slimming. Plus, you get more eyeballs to your 5" Jimmy Choo's or Christian Louboutin's. Sometimes your shoes deserve a little attention.


Overall, it was a good scene with a guest appearance by Gossip Girl, Kristen Bell or maybe better recognized as Veronica Mars or for her role in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Revolve Clothing
11 a.m. to 8 p.m
8452 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood
(323) 944-0311.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Da Fashionista said...

we peeped the same beauties!! JINX!

more more more.

please blog your latest heart's desires i.e. what do you want to buy for fall :)

kiss,
D

4:04 PM  
Blogger tam pham said...

what a fabulous life you lead!

2:18 PM  
Blogger WendyB said...

Ooh, maybe I'll have to check them out.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com