Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Dress Up

There are always those few things in your closet that you tend to wear a little too often, a little too much. For reasons of comfort, style, design, whathaveyou - you just lovingly abuse that shirt, that belt, or those pair of jeans.

c u r r e n t l y i n m y c l o s e t


The Vince T-Shirt Dress, $48
Cotton knits and jersey material really do it for me, so as you would expect, I’m pretty big on James Perse and Vince.
How I dress it up? Linea Pelle woven belt, Mystique sandels, Pucci headscarf, Oliver Peoples bella donna sunglasses and H&M super thin gold hoops ($1.99)
How I dress it down? JBrand Skinny jeans or True Religion Destroyed Joeys, wooden bangles (H&M, $4.99 for a set of ALOT), Bernado leather thongs, and Linea Pelle woven belt hung low at the waist


Rachel Pally Full-Tie Tube Dress, $198
This piece is so versatile -- you can transform this dress into anything really.
How I dress it up? As a dress. Cris-crossed in the front and worn as a halter. Gucci horse-bit clogs.
How I dress it down? Worn as a skirt (wrapped around my waist, tied in a knot in the back allowing the straps to sway effortlessly behind). Simple black cami. Black Havaianas. Forever 21, silver plated earrings to finish.



J Brand Skinny Jeans 10", $159
The skinny on the skinny jeans. At the moment, I can't stop ranting about them.
How I dress it up? H&M off-the-shoulder babydoll, Jessica black patent leather Amy's, Rachel Leigh Earrings
How I dress it down? Vince v-neck tunic tank (loose fitting), Kurtz Army Hat, Oliver Peoples bella donnas, Coach Abbi printed python sandals.


5 Comments:

Blogger blank said...

any chance you'd be interested in helping me revamp my closet to make it appropriate for the work scene? Before you move to LA of course

7:35 PM  
Blogger styleminded said...

My friend, I am at your service. I'm playing dress up each week. I'll write about work attire next week. But of course, I will make a special housecall for you. =)

7:40 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaStyle said...

I love the lightweight of the Vince t-shirt dress, it's so comfy! And yes, you can dress it up and down...perfect!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do jbrand jeans fit? true to size? i've had my eye on them for awhile now but i never got my ass to barneys or ron herman, the only brick and mortar stores that carry them,

9:40 PM  
Blogger styleminded said...

jbrands fit a bit larger. personally, if you're in between sizes, i'd wear one size down. The material stretches quite a bit. they are very slimming and accentuate your very bottom assets! they are currently my favorite jeans along with true religions.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web styleminded.blogspot.com